China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarship :
Joint scholarship Program for Chinese PhD students, who will take a full PhD study and for visiting PhD researchers at Leiden University.
For whom ?
Chinese PhD students, who will take a full PhD study and for visiting PhD researchers at Leiden University.
All programs can be applied for, as long as the department/faculty/graduate school you’re applying to is willing to waive all tuition fees and research fees.
Priority will be given to the following areas of study :
- Social Science
- Humanities (including Linguistics, Art History & Literary Studies, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Philosophy, World Religions)
- Science (including Mathematics, Computer Science, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, Drug Research, Biology, Environmental Sciences)
- Medical Sciences.
- Starting date
- From June 2014
Please be informed that there will be only one round scholarship application period.
- Maximum of 48 months for a full PhD study at Leiden University.
- 6 – 12 months for a visiting PhD researcher at Leiden University.
- Exemption from registration fee, tuition fee, research fee
- Living allowance of € 1200 per month (including health insurance)
- International airfare
The living allowances will be paid via CSC. Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange will book the tickets before the departure from Beijing, and the Chinese Embassy in the Netherlands will book the return tickets.
- Candidates will be citizens of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- The relevant academic entry requirements must be fulfilled, including a high level of English language proficiency and a Master degree.
- Candidates must hold an acceptance letter (standard format) from Leiden University.
- Candidates should satisfy the CSC selection criteria by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form.
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their research.
How to apply ?
Application procedure for an acceptance letter of Leiden University. See the following website with the deadline informations
Sent an email to : scholarship dept. of Student Educational Affairs