University of Oxford -School of Interdisciplinary Area Studies
Grade 7 : £29,837 - £36,661 with a discretionary range to £40,046 p.a.
Présentation du programme :
The Contemporary Chinese Studies Programme in the School of Interdisciplinary Area Studies seeks applications from candidates in a social science discipline, with special reference to China, for a fixed-term Departmental Lecturership for 24 months commencing 1 September 2014.
The school is looking for the best possible candidate, with a strong publication record. The duties of the departmental lecturer will be to assist in teaching and supervision for the MSc in Contemporary Chinese Studies and MPhil in Modern Chinese Studies and to undertake independent research. The candidate should be able to contribute to team teaching (lectures, classes, essay feedback supervision) in the core course The Study of Contemporary China.
Profil du candidat :
The school is seeking someone who demonstrates enthusiasm to apply for grants and developing his/her research profile.
Fluency in the Chinese language is desirable.
The China Studies Programme is looking for the candidate who most fully meets the following criteria :
- a PhD in a relevant field (e.g. politics, sociology, anthropology, human geography, law, economics, international political economy, development studies) ;
- a track record of research and publications ;
- ability to teach graduate students ;
- teaching experience in relevant fields ;
- the ability to supervise advanced degree students ;
- experience of carrying out independent research (desirable).
The post is based at the China Centre, Woodstock Road, Oxford.
You will be required to upload a summary sheet, supporting statement and CV as part of your online application.
Liens et contacts :