Poste à pourvoir à Singapour au département d’études chinoises de l’université nationale de Singapour
The Department of Chinese Studies of the National University of Singapore has a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor level opening in 2014-15, and we would like to invite applicants with research and teaching specialisation in Translation to apply for this position.
Applicants for this position should have a PhD in Translation or a related field. The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong commitment to a) teaching Translation (Chinese – English, English – Chinese) at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels ; b) providing supervision to students in Translation ; c) undertaking research in Translation ; d) playing an active role in the Department’s curriculum and development ; e) providing support to management and professional service where required. S/he should possess native-speaking, or near native-speaking, competence in both Chinese and English so as able to teach and conduct research in this area of translation.
For appointment to Associate Professor and above, candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of significant publications and successful teaching. Compensation at NUS is competitive and includes eligibility for annual salary increments, performance bonuses, a housing allowance, and other benefits, as well as generous research and conference travel support. NUS is a leader in research and higher education in Asia located in a thriving city-state and vibrant global city.
Interested applicants please send, preferably by email attachment to chsbox8 nus.edu.sg, a dossier to include :
- covering letter and CV ;
- statements of teaching and research interests ;
- details of publications (including theses and dissertations) and a sample of your publications or writing (at least two for Assistant Professor level and five for Associate Professor and above) ;
- course outlines of courses taught ;
- copies of student evaluations of courses taught, if available ;
- three letters of reference for the post of Assistant Professor (you may ask your institution or placement service to forward a dossier that includes reference letters) o six names of referees with full contact details for the post of Associate Professor and above o photocopies of academic transcripts and certificates ;
Alternatively, you may send the dossier via post to : The Search Committee, c/o Ms Lillian Low, Department of Chinese Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore, 5 Arts Link, Level 3 Shaw Foundation Building, Singapore 117570.
The closing date for applications is 30 April 2014.
This position will remain open until filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information, please refer to these websites :
http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/potentialhires/workinginnus/index.html Department of Chinese Studies http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/chs Faculty of Artsand Social Sciences http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ National University of Singapore http://www.nus.edu.sg/